Feed My Starving Children
MJ Cares is excited to announce we’ve partnered with Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) for a school-wide event like none you’ve ever seen before! Feed My Starving Children or FMSC is the perfect philanthropy for our MJ community to partner with because it gives our children direct access to helping other children, just like them, fight hunger. FMSC tackles world hunger by sending volunteer-packed, nutritious meals to 70 countries, where they’re used to operate orphanages, schools, clinics and feeding programs to break the cycle of poverty. Last year, FMSC welcomed nearly 1.1 million volunteers to pack more than 284 million meals to feed more than 779,000 kids daily for a year. What better way to teach our children to be future leaders of the global community than to encourage them to donate their own time giving back?
We have two nights reserved where children and adults can stand side by side to pour soy, rice, vegetables, and vitamins into bags to be boxed and then later shipped off. It is simple, easy and only takes 90 minutes; however, the lesson it teaches and the example it shows can last a lifetime. Please, won’t you join us?
Monday October 16th from 6:00PM – 7:30 PM
*If this is your preferred date, please go directly to the following URL to register: https://volunteer.fmsc.org/Register/Group/JoinGroup.aspx?gid=1174360
Please take a moment to note a few more important details:
· Please make sure you reserve a spot for every packer you intend to bring! Space is limited
· Spots are available on a first-come first-serve basis. Each night has only 120 spots available
· FMSC kindly asks that all participants arrive 10-15 minutes early
· Children MUST be 5 and older to participate
· Due to FDA compliance, there may be no jewelry worn
· Although donations are NOT required, the center humbly requests them. Every packer puts together approximately $50 worth of food. Since each meal costs 25 cents, perhaps your little one would care to bring their own coins.
· For a full list of FAQ’s and other pertinent information, feel free to visit www.fmsc.org
· If you have any further questions or comments, please contact Shanna Nikolic at Serenity60656@yahoo.com